Pilates from a Chair & stretch band
Breathe - (wrap band around back and breathe in and out --expand ribcage when you breathe in)
Ribcage (arm raises) -Hold band in front then raise up & down -try to stabilize the ribs.
Neck ( looking R &L)
WORKOUT: seated on a chair
· Marches - holding band in front of chest for a challenge
· Bend and stretch leg - one leg kicking out in front
· Lower & lift - keep leg straight & flex ankle
· Oblique twist - twist just upper body
· Oblique twist with 1 leg up
· Bicep curl -step on band with 1 or two feet and pull up towards shoulders
· Upright row -bend elbow
· Shoulder lift - arms with band to sides of body
· Pecs -band in front and stretch across
· Mermaid -stretch side to side - band over head
· Stand up and sit down in the chair
Pilates/ Yoga Classes available
Group & private lessons
Classes held in Wheeling WV
Try this FREE Workout below :
*Always check with your doctor before starting an exercise program.
Remember to add cardio to build stamina and strength as well.
Cardio ideas: Fast paced walking, Jogging or Ballroom Dance !
Try this workout 3 to 5 times a week.
10 crunches in each of the following positions:
25 Bicycle crunches thinking of twisting throughout the ribcage to work obliques
10 with knees bent
25 plank style (change where hands are placed to vary this)
Hold still in the Plank position for 30 sec and work up to a minute.